This year, FitStar and Westin Hotels & Resorts teamed up to make it easier for travelers to keep up with their fitness routines while on the road. Between free trials of FitStar Premium and custom Freestyle sessions from FitStar Personal Trainer and FitStar Yoga, we’ve designed workouts with travelers in mind. And since the Fourth of July kicks off one of the busiest travel times of the year, we’ve joined forces again to bring you a stellar sweepstakes with great prizes to keep you motivated and fit at home or your home away from home.
Introducing our #FitStarWestinWorkout Sweepstakes! Simply complete the FitStar Freestyle sessions Stay Fit with Westin in FitStar Personal Trainer and/or Stretch Further with Westin in FitStar Yoga, and share your session completion summary on your public Twitter account using the hashtags #FitStarWestinWorkout and #Sweeps. One lucky winner will scoop up a killer Stay Fit Prize Pack including a new Fitbit Blaze, a one-year membership to both FitStar Personal Trainer Premium and FitStar Yoga Premium, and 20,000 Starpoints® which can be redeemed at over 200 inspiring Westin destinations around the globe. Read on for full details!
#FitStarWestinWorkout Sweepstakes Details
Who: Open to all existing and new FitStar users in the U.S.
What: Enter the sweeps in 2 simple steps:
#1 – Log in or create a FitStar account on FitStar.com and complete the Stay Fit with Westin Freestyle session in FitStar Personal Trainer on your desktop, iOS, or Android devices AND/OR the Stretch Further with Westin Freestyle session in FitStar Yoga on your iOS device.
#2 – Share your FitStar session completion summary via your public Twitter account using the hashtags #FitStarWestinWorkout and #Sweeps.
Note: the hashtags MUST be included to be entered in the sweepstakes. Also, while there is no limit on the number of times you may complete the sessions, you may only share each FitStar session completion summary once per day for a total of two Entries per day. For more information, see Official Rules below.
When: Friday, July 1, 2016 at 12:01 AM PST through Friday, July 8, 2016 at 11:59 PST
Why: Keeping to a fitness routine while traveling is tough, so why not use this awesome prize to motivate you? The Stay Fit Prize Pack is amazing and includes a brand-new Fitbit Blaze, a Westin water bottle by Swell, 20,000 Starpoints® which can be redeemed at over 200 inspiring Westin destinations around the globe plus a one-year membership to both FitStar Personal Trainer Premium for iOS and Android users and FitStar Yoga Premium for iOS users for free.
Whether you’re staying fit or stretching further with FitStar and Westin, we hope you check out these workouts and enter the sweepstakes! Full legal details are below.
– Team FitStar
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants may elect to enter the #FitStarWestinWorkout sweepstakes by either logging into their existing FitStar account or creating a FitStar account. The #FitStarWestinWorkout is sponsored by Fitbit. Open to individual, legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., who are 18 or older. Begins 12:01 AM PST on 07/01/2016 and ends 11:59 PM PST on 07/08/2016. See Official Rules below.
Westin Stay Fit Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
The following Sweepstakes is intended for play in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are age 18 or older, located in the U.S. at the time of Entry, and have a current, active account on FitStar at the time of Entry (“Entrant”, “you” or “your”). Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Fitbit, Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, distributors, and the advertising, prize fulfillment, and promotion agencies and persons involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: To enter this Sweepstakes, each Entrant must:
1. Log into or create a FitStar account on FitStar.com, the FitStar Personal Trainer app, and/or the FitStar Yoga app and complete the FitStar Freestyle sessions Stay Fit with Westin in FitStar Personal Trainer on a desktop, iOS device or Android phone AND/OR the Stretch Further with Westin in FitStar Yoga on an iOS device.
2. Share your FitStar session completion summary via your public Twitter account (collectively, the “Entry”) and include the hashtags #FitStarWestinWorkout and #sweeps to complete your Entry.
While there is no limit on the number of times you may complete the sessions, you may only share each FitStar session completion summary once per FitStar app, per day, for a total of two Entries per day. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person or if an Entrant is not submitting a new summary of their workout. Normal Internet access, phone/usage charges imposed by your on-line/phone service will apply. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
3. TERM. The Sweepstakes will begin on July 01, 2016 at 12:01 AM PST and will end 11:59 PST on July 08, 2016.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS: Entries: must not infringe third-party rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos (other than as owned by the entrant) or any copyrighted components (other than as owned by the entrant); and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses. Entries containing any such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Entries are eligible to take part in this Sweepstakes.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such submission is selected as a winning Entry. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By accepting a prize, Winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favour of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that Winner may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor and/or its designee(s) will select one (1) winner at random from all eligible Entries received (“Winner”). Chances of winning are dependent on the total number of Entries received. Becoming a Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Selection of Winner will occur at Sponsor’s place of business by a random number generator on or about July 11, 2016. The Winner will be notified via Twitter and any follow up prize correspondence will take place through certified postal mail or e-mail. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in the entrant’s mailing address, or email address. If any prize correspondence (including e-mail) is returned as non-deliverable, or if no reply is received from the potential winner, or if a Winner is otherwise disqualified for any reason, prize may be forfeited. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release and Assignment of Copyright, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, as applicable, the prizes will be shipped within 6-8 weeks of drawing date.
6. PRIZE: There is one (1) Stay Fit Prize Pack consisting of a one-year subscription to FitStar Personal Trainer Premium for iOS and Android and FitStar Yoga Premium for iOS, Fitbit Blaze, a Westin water bottle by Swell and 20,000 Starpoints®. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Stay Fit Prize Pack: $919.00. The Starpoints provided as part of the Prize Pack are not transferable. Winners must be members of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Program to collect the prize. If winners do not have an account, they may join for free at www.spg.com. Starpoints will be credited to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) account within 3–4 weeks from receipt of winner’s SPG® number and necessary tax forms. Once Starpoints are in the member’s account, use of Starpoints and point expiration follow the guidelines of the SPG program terms and conditions. Starpoints earned or otherwise obtained by an SPG Member will be forfeited without notice if the SPG Member becomes Inactive, even if the SPG Member has achieved SPG Lifetime Gold or SPG Lifetime Platinum status. An SPG Member is considered “Inactive” if during a 12 month period: (a) the SPG Member has not had an Eligible Stay at an SPG participating Hotel; (b) the SPG Member has not earned or redeemed any Starpoints, or (c) the SPG Member’s account has been cancelled. All expenses not specifically set forth herein are Winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by Winner shall be forfeited. Except for the product warranty set forth at https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty, the Stay Fit Prize Pack is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize will be awarded only to an address within the United States. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on Prize. If a prize is $600 or more and Winner is a legal U.S. resident, Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged, incomplete Entries, or for any computer, online, or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstakes Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of online Entries including faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the web site, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and select Winners from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts of San Francisco, California.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) Entrant has the full right and legal capacity to participate and is not a party to any agreement that would condition or restrict entrant’s ability to participate; (ii) Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry; (iii) Entrant(s) has the right and power to perform his or her obligations as set forth in this document and to grant rights herein contained; and (iv) the Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory, pornographic, or obscene. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Sweepstakes Parties harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By entering, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) that the Sweepstakes Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held released and harmless by Winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto or from the use by Sponsor or anyone authorized by it of the Entry; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except if Winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, Winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, and Entry, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
10. WINNER LIST: For Winner’s name, city & state/province, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked within 15 days of the Sweepstakes close to: Fitbit “Westin Stay Fit Sweepstakes” List Request, 405 Howard Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94105.
11. SPONSOR: Fitbit, Inc. 405 Howard Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94105.
12. TWITTER: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. The Entrant completely releases Twitter from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.< BACK TO ALL BLOG POSTS < BACK TO ALL BLOG POSTS