We love chili for so many reasons – it’s easy, it feeds a lot of mouths, and it’s always delicious. This no bean turkey chili from skinnytaste.com is great for those who are looking for a little something different to add to their repertoire. Be sure to make a lot – this is one meal worth repeating!
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz can Rotel mild tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown turkey over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks into smaller pieces and season with salt and cumin.
- When meat is browned and cooked through add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the can of tomatoes, sweet potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are soft and cooked through, about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup more water if needed. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Serve this with some chopped cilantro, scallions, sour cream and cheddar on the side as optional toppings. Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite turkey chili recipes? Share in the comments below!
-Team FitStar< BACK TO ALL BLOG POSTS < BACK TO ALL BLOG POSTS